Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Wheels on the Bus

I was recently trying to help 2 boys at school talk out some problems they'd been having with each other on the bus to and from school. Neither boy was telling me the whole truth, their stories weren't even close to matching up and I was getting more and more confused as to what the actual problem was.
Me: "So what did L say to you on the bus?"
J: "Well I can't actually remember, but it was probably something mean."
Me: "L do you remember what you said that might have upset J on the bus?"
L: "I said 'I'm sorry and I hope that we can be friends'"

I thought I finally had a starting point of what had actually happened when J mentioned that a particular girl was sitting behind them... "Oh, so you were sitting next to each other when the problem started?"
J: "Yes, he was on the seat next to me."
L: "No, actually I was 3 seats in front of him and diagonal."
Arrrgh! I was laughing so hard on the inside!
I some how led them to some sort of resolution which included "ok boys, for the next 3 weeks you can't sit near each other on the bus."  Both boys cheered and said "YESSSS!" as if I had just told them they had won $1000 each. My brilliance amazes me! hahaha. Who would have thought that if you were having a problem with someone on the bus you could... um... sit somewhere else!

No comments: