Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Boy Germs

Today my kids had a "dance" assessment. For the past 3 weeks we have been teaching them the 'evening 3-step'. Today they had to pair up with the opposite sex. It was hilarious!

The other Year 3 and 4 class got over themselves fairly quickly and actually seemed to enjoy it. Not my kids though! For the past 3 weeks they have been planning ways to break limbs (one girl actually did injure herself badly enough yesterday to need crutches), lose teeth, vomit etc so they wouldn't have to dance with each other....

So as I put them into pairs this afternoon I was met with groans and moans and horrid (maybe horrified?) faces and even a spot of dry retching. 2 of my boys worked themselves up to a state of tears and they all generally did their best not to touch each other (ah the good old waltz-hold-by-correspondence). It was hilarious. I am the meanest teacher in the world.

One of my girls, afterward, said "Miss F, girls and boys DO NOT MIX! It just ISN'T RIGHT!" hehehe I love that my kids still "have germs"!

1 comment:

AnnieBlogs said...

This is HILARIOUS. I used to teach school and I miss stories like this so so much. But.... not enough to rush back to teaching. :)