Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Notable Night

This evening the amazing 5/6 Think-track class held a "Night of Notables". Basically each kid had to dress up as a "notable" person from history & present a 3 minute speech in 1st person. Each character had a little stand set up with props and the audience moved around the room to hear their choice of the 13 speakers who were presenting at one time. Each kid did his/her speech 4 times, taking turns with a partner at their particular stand. (hmm it makes sense when you're there, I think I failed at explaining it though... sorry)

It was so good! 

"Guest speakers" of the night included Abraham Lincoln, Leonardo da Vinci, Mary MacKillop, Moses and Bindi Irwin. The kids did so well stepping into character and presenting the information that they had researched. I was like a proud parent, I had taught at least three-quarters of the kids at some point of their Junior School experience (as their Kindy, Year 1, Year 3 and/or Year 4 teacher... I sort of progressed through Junior School with them :) ). They were so cute and grown-up! I took so many photos and made sure I wrote on as many "comments" forms as I could.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see all of the speeches (the being in 26 places at once is always a bit of a challenge), but their beautiful teacher has invited my class to come to the encore performance tomorrow! I'm looking forward to learning more about history from my ex-students!

No comments: