Saturday, December 18, 2010

I went on a scary rollercoaster... twice

This week I spent 4 days on the Gold Coast! The Gold Coast is home to Australia's biggest theme parks. My friend, my sister and I did 3 theme parks in 3 days! So.much.fun!
We went to Seaworld, Movieworld & Wet 'n' Wild.

I have never been much of a scary rides person... I was petrified of speed (and also hills) when we went in the car when I was a kid & spent years saying I didn't like roller coasters. But I decided to redefine myself this week. I am now a scary-rides person (well...to some degree).

Look! This is me! I am on this rollercoaster! (4th row from the bottom... I think).
This is the Superman Escape at Movieworld. It is Australia's scariest rollercoaster, It accelerates from 0-100km/h in 2 seconds, straight up, 40 metres in the air, then comes straight down the other side! eeek! I have since found out that there are way scarier roller coasters out there in the world, but I am still super proud of my fear-conquering! Not only did I do this crazy coaster once, but twice!

So... while I'm on a roll, how else can I redefine myself these holidays? What other fears can I conquer? What parts of who I am can I leave behind and replace with new thinking? I have some ideas. So scary and exciting!

Best Quote of the week:
(Movieworld 4D Movie Theatre) "If you would like a child to sit in your lap, please find a seat in the back row of the theatre." We were soooooo tempted to sit in the back row to see what kind of child we could get.

No comments: