Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sooooooo Grateful

So. I have the best friends in the world.

Today, my friend Leah's husband Jason spent 4 hours getting my computer to work. It has been sick for ages and then died on Saturday. I use my laptop for everything and was willing to pay him to get it back in action, but he didn't want a bar of it. I think he even enjoyed the challenge of tricking into working. Thank you soooooo much Jason!
Ok, so another example from this week...
These are my gorgeous friends Anna & Lou (Well these photos aren't from this week, I nicked them off facebook, since I haven't loaded any photos onto my 'new' computer yet).








They are incredible people who I work with (remember how I have the best job in the world).
On Tuesday we had a Christmas Weekend Adventure Sleepover. We went to Morpeth (a beautiful little historic town with the cutest shops) and lunched by the river, shopped and chatted for hours. We then drove back to our gorgeous accommodation and cooked up a roast dinner (mmm), exchanged presents (so spoilt!) and watched Suddenly 30 (such a fun movie).
Well... then these 2 did the most amazing selfless thing...
So. It must be said that vomitting is my least favourite thing. I hate vomitting and I avoid it whenever possible. But it seemed that my hexannual (um... every 6 years) nemesis decided to visit on this particular evening. bleh! I don't remember ever feeling that gross before, but I quickly remembered why vomitting is my least favourite thing.
These beautiful friends, before I even had time to think, had thrown everything in the washing machine, found me clean clothes, scrubbed the room with eucalyptus & then tucked me back into bed with hugs & prayers. How blessed am I?! Who does that for people at four in the morning? Vomit is gross. In my mind, cleaning up someone else's vomit is probably the most selfless thing a person can do (you know, after like taking a bullet or giving an organ...). Soooooooo beyond words grateful!
I've learnt alot about grace this week. The selfless acts of friends are an amazing reminder of the ULTIMATE selfless act of God in sending his Son to clean up the mess we've made on this Earth. Ahh amazing timing!
Anyway, I really just wanted to boast a little bit that I have the best friends in the world.
Oh and also I got my very own (even autographed) copy of Annie Downs' book in the post today! Can't wait to read it.

No comments: