Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hungry

In the past 24 hours I've hung out with both Hayden & Morgan (& their absolutely gorgeous mums!).
ooooh they are growing up waaaaaaaaaaaaay too fast! Hayden has mastered sitting and Morgan climbed up a step for the first time today. too clever!

One thing I find fascinating about babies is that sometimes they can be super hungry, but refuse to eat. And they can be absolutely exhausted, but refuse to sleep. If you just stop sobbing and eat the hunger will go away small person! I promise!

I don't think we change much as we grow older. Of course, we can recognise physical hunger & tell if we need a nap. But what about spiritually? So often I am so spiritually hungry, all I need is to spend some time with God, feasting on His word. But I don't. Instead of recognising the hunger pangs, I whinge and gripe and wallow in my own selfish pain and sorrow.

Thank you for the life lessons my boys! 

No comments: