Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Story of a Hoarder.

Last week my boss' PA sent an email requesting that all teachers need to submit a copy of their University testamur and transcript to the office ASAP. Sounds simple enough.  Well the only problem is I haven't seen mine since I moved house in 2006.

I realised tonight as I tore apart my bedroom, my spare-room, my lounge-room and the horrible flood-damaged (um when was that flood again? I think perhaps 2007?), insect-infested cardboard boxes that I am a hoarder. Ok so I already knew this! But seriously... I had EVERYTHING (excepy my Uni certificates). There were art-works I did as a kid, plane tickets, chip packets from Africa, every phone bill I ever got between 2001-2006, my high school pencil case. I chucked two huge boxes full of junk as I searched. Hmm I really need a good 'stuff-cleanse'... maybe next weekend, or in the holidays....
I also realised how much I value words. I love letters. I have letters and postcards that I have kept since I was 6. I love re-reading things people have written (slight distraction from the testamur hunt).

Anyway, I still don't have my transcript. Things are "always in the last place you look", except for today. The last place I looked was full of books, my birth certificate & letters from a boy... hmm really should throw those out. I hope I find it soon, cos it costs $100 to replace such things & even though I think my school is not likely to kick me out after 8 years, there are also other 2012 dreams that may need this too. hmm

2 more sleeps till Seussica! Woo Hoo! The kids were super excited today (not the best day to make paper cranes with them...). Night world.

PS my class blog starts in about a week.. it'll be way funner than the story of my lost transcript.

No comments: