Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mummy



Happy Mothers' Day Mum! 
It's the day for celebrating mums so I've decided to tell you about mine. I've known my mum for almost 29 years (eek I'm getting old). Actually this photo is probably her at just a bit older that I am now. Oh that's scary.

I love my mum. She was one of 'those mums' who stayed at home the whole time we were growing up. She the baked the best cakes and slices (her stuff always sold first at the school cake-stalls). She made us playdough and gave us water and brushes to paint the verandah. She read us stories and prayed with us before we went to bed. She was strict and expected alot from us, but she always loved us.

My mum nutured my love of books and taught me to read before I started school. She encouraged me to do my best, but still loved me when I didn't.

My mum was my Sunday School teacher and my Girls' Brigade leader. She instilled in me a love of God from the time I was little.

From my mum I get my nervousness. My Grandma once told me she was surprised my mum ever got her licence because she was "such a nervous child." Like my mum I am a people-pleaser, I care too much about what people think of me and fear failure. Like my mum I love making things to bless people, I love being creative (though I'm not so good at fancy wedding cakes and such) & I love kids.

Thank you, mum, for being such a great example to me. I hope one day I can be as good a mother as you were to me and my sisters. I love you lots. xox

No comments: