Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Snoozing at the Zoo (sort of)

Oh! Here's a post I forgot to post!

Last week we took Year 3 & 4 to Taronga Zoo for our Year 3-4 Camp.
The ZooSnooz program is fantastic! We got to spend the day in the Zoo, go on a night-walk to see the nocturnal animals, meet some reptiles, birds and the cutest quokka (quokkas and quolls are my favourite Australian animals... mostly because I didn't know they existed until four or so years ago) up close. AND we got to even "sleep" at the Zoo. (I use the term sleep a little loosely here... if you've ever shared a room with nineteen 8-10year old girls you'll know what I mean)

Are you still wondering what a quokka and a quoll look like? Here I have a picture of each for you so you don't have google it yourself (these are not my pictures):

quokka

quoll
We had such a great time! I love my biannual visit to Taronga!
Here are a few pictures from our 24 hours at the zoo...
Note the incredible view the zoo has of Sydney Harbour!!! they were given the land almost 100 years ago because it was a dodgy piece of land... look who's laughing now (it's the animals I think)









No comments: